11.25.2011

*Thanksgiving (with the infamous Lentil Loaf)

Meeting Andy at the airport <3 (cue the dramatic-airport-scene music!)

Piling our plates for our Thanksgiving feast. Oh Lentil Loaf...how I love you.

The stage at The Plaza for the Lighting ceremony!

Cam from Modern Family!!! (a Kansas City native!)

Missed this guy! <3

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your Turkey Day yesterday. I had such a wonderful time with my family and Andy yesterday; I couldn’t have asked for a better holiday!

On Wednesday I finally saw my wonderful boyfriend Andy after about a month and a half (much too long!). He saw the new house and greatly approved! I am so happy/thankful that I was able to spend this holiday with him. His family was kind enough to let us steal him for Thanksgiving while they celebrated in New Jersey.

So what is this Lentil Loaf that I speak of? Never thought of an alternative to turkey for Thanksgiving, have you? Well this is a vegetarian Ryncarz classic for the holiday – it’s somewhat like a stuffing but with lentil beans and vegetables. Delicious!! But don’t worry; we didn’t deprive Andy and our cousin Rachel of their healthy serving of meat. My dad picked up a turkey breast from Boston Market so the meat-eaters were satisfied! The meal was very yummy!

And the food coma that ensued was just as wonderful.

My family learned that for Thanksgiving every year in Kansas City there is the “Kansas City Power and Lighting Plaza Lights”. It’s where just about EVERY resident of Kansas City gathers in The Plaza to watch the christmas lights turn on all at once. My family, KC amateurs, celebrated the Lighting for the first time and it was great!

Plus, the best part of it was that Eric Stonestreet was there (Cam from MODERN FAMILY!!!). Best. Night. Ever.

I have so much to be thankful for and I couldn’t be more pleased with this holiday vacation. I have had so much fun with my family and Andy; I am going to be counting down the days until I see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinglink Plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...