4.12.2012

*For the Kids

[Necklace: Kate Spade, Shirt: Gap, Jeans: American Eagle (similar), Shoes: Macy's (similar), Bracelets: J. Crew (love this one), Watch: Guess]

Preparing for a busy weekend here at Elon...
Tomorrow night into Saturday I will be standing/dancing for 24 hours straight for Elonthon - a philanthropy event held every year to raise donations and awareness for the kids of Duke Children's Hospital.
I, along with my pledge class of Alpha Xi Delta, will not sit NOR sleep for 24 hours to support the children at Duke Children's Hospital who have suffered from various diagnoses. This is a time meant to reflect on how fortunate we all are and to show those young children we love and support them!
The acts of philanthropy continue on Sunday with a 5k hosted by Alpha Xi Delta to promote Autism Speaks. The ladies of my sorority (and students from Elon) will be running/walking a 5k to support Autism research.
I feel so blessed to have opportunities such as these to give back to those in need of a little support and a little love.
If I don't get a chance to post again, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love your necklace! Kate Spade seriously makes the cutest jewelry! BTW Good luck at THON!. Not sure I could dance for an hour let alone 24! :)

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinglink Plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...