9.25.2012

*Southern charm

[Hat: Saks Off Fifth (similar), Top: Robert Graham (similar), Watch: Guess, Pants: Gap (similar), Shoes: Zara (similar)]

Though I would not instinctively identify my personal look with one that reflects the "western" style (I'm thinking cowboy boots, plaid blouses, cowboy hat...the works) I would say said category's characteristics have been sneakily infiltrating my closet for a while now. It began with the 'Buy 1 Get 2 Free' promotion at the cowboy-boot store down the street from my sister's school in Nashville. Three pairs of boots for the price of one? Heck, I didn't care that I had been a true northerner for the past 13 years of my life - I was jumping on that deal. Then came the comfy flannels, the skinny jeans to tuck into the boots, and the Top 100 country songs that had somehow been downloaded onto a playlist entitled "Howdy" on my iPod. How'd those get there?
It didn't surprise me, then, when I found this top at Salvation Army and was immediately attracted to it's loud paisley print. (And, might I add, the fact that it is valued at over $200 and I got the sucker for $2. I should have my own TLC show.). I was immediately reminded of Ralph Lauren's infamous paisley blouses (such as this one) and succumbed yet again to another western look. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That hat looks great on you!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following! Following you now as well.

    xx - Vee
    http://www.theavenuevee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinglink Plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...