12.03.2012

*What's in a name

[Top: F21 (similar), Skirt: F21 (similar), Tights: Gap (similar), Shoes: Aldo (similar)]

Oxblood. The blood of oxen. Sounds pretty messed up. How does it sound when I say, "I like wearing oxblood on my legs." You probably wouldn't ever speak to me again. I don't blame you. 
I'm not entirely sure of the origin of this color's name. On Urban Dictionary its first definition is "Another name for the liquid form of amphetamine or speed".  Um, what? On "What does my name mean?" it says "Your name of Oxblood gives you a very responsible stable nature". Not quite sure what to take from that either. 
Whatever way you want to interpret this shade; whether it be the aesthetic of an animal's internal composition or merely a rich hue in the "red" family, I'd be lying if I said oxblood isn't my favorite thing to wear. So judge me. 

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone can style a leather skirt better than you!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oxblood" is kind of a terrible name, isn't it? I prefer other alternatives like deep red, maroon-ish, etc. Either way though, I do like it a lot too! Love your tights and that leather skirt!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar pair of tights and I'm obsessed with them. Definitely a fun twist to the typical black :-) And umm your hair? Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thinglink Plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...